Friday, August 16, 2013

R.I.P. Nicholas Black

This past Saturday, a classmate of mine named Nick Black died.

It was all very sudden, and it came like a hawk in the night, silent. All was right with the world, it was this past Wednesday, I had just dyed my hair blue and was excited to show everyone at church. Every Wednesday the youth of my church gather together and do activities. One of the youth leaders got up to announce some things, including Nick's death. It was all very surreal. I was never friends with Nick, and my mom wasn't too fond of him or his sister. Long story short, my mom is a Sunday school teacher for my church, Nick's family used to come every once in while, and my mom taught both Nick and Jessica (his sister) and they were downright rude and disruptive.

I didn't really mope about it yesterday, but today I feel particularly sad about it. This makes me wonder, if I feel this sad over someone I barely know, what will it be like when someone close to me passes? Person on the other side of the screen, don't go anywhere anytime soon please.

I was looking for a specific poem on the internet and found this instead. It has no correlation to the Black family, but I think it's nice.

All I Know Is...


All I know is.... I will always miss my Nick and long for him. 
All I know is.... one minute I'm together and the next I'm falling apart. 
All I know is.... my heart hurts all the time and it has never felt whole since the day he died. 
All I know is.... the tears won't stop filling up my eyes, soaking my pillows or staining my face. 
All I know is.... I "Really Really" miss him.
All I know is.....it hurts ALL the time. 
All I know is.....I want him back.
All I know is.....sometimes I want him so badly, that I want to go to him. 
All I know is.... there is no greater ache in this world than my child dying.
All I know is.....I love him, even in death, I love him so much.

By: Tina Pielstick 10-19-09

No comments:

Post a Comment