Sunday, August 18, 2013

For anyone that asks

School starts for me in less than a week now. I'm not really looking forward to it, like 99% of the adolescent population. Contrary to what you might think, it's not for typical reasons, such as:

"I hate getting up so early."

Not a problem, I'm actually a morning person and can get ready for school pretty quick.

"I hate learning, it makes my brain hurt."

I love to learn, it's one of the best things under the sun to do.

"I hate all my teachers, and they hate me."

I hardly have problems with my teachers, sure some of them are really boring, but they've done nothing to warrant any hate from me. My surname is Best, and as you can imagine, being the good student that I am, I have had a lot of "you're the Best!" puns thrown my way by teachers my entire student-hood. 

"I don't wanna deal with all these drama llamas!" -rich girl pout-

I've never really had to deal with drama, save it be a few things. I haven't made any enemies, as far as I know, no one has a real beef with me. I stay out of the way and keep my head down, I listen to other people's drama, and then stay out of it. 

Now now, I bet you're getting sick of my Mary Sue perfectly perfect attitude about school, so what do I hate about it?


Atmosphere

+



People

=


\

If there were less (insert every negative adjective here) people in the world, school would be a better place. The one answer you here from lots of college graduates about why they liked college more than high school is because it's a friendlier place. The people that go to college usually want to be there. I strive for a place where I can learn and do my own thing and not be afraid of ridicule. Someday...

This is why I am excited for next year. 

1. I will be a senior, no more...no more

2. My favorite English teacher is hopefully going to be running a creative writing class. Ah yes, hopefully the people that take that class will want to be there, and not be there as a result if needing that one last credit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment