Wednesday, September 18, 2013

This is why we can't have nice things.

A story that my friend told my friends and I infuriated me, to no end. My friend is half Latina, her mom is the one that's Latina.

This said friend of mine explained that she went to the grocery store with her mom, and she switched back and forth between registers because people kept butting in front of her. Finally this person got angry at my friend's mom and yelled at her to go back from where she came from. My friend said that her mom just shrugged it off because she's used to it. The guy at the cash register apologized fervently for this man's behavior.

My other friend then proceeded to say that if she was the manager of that store, she would ban that person from the store.

I on the other hand, don't think that this is proper punishment for a person as ignorant as this. He shouldn't be banned from the store, he should be banned from life itself. A person like that should just stay in their house all day and not interact with other humans.

I would have said this if I was in the cash register's position.


I think my friend's story may have struck a nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment